Face cleansing is an important step of skin care as it helps keeping skin free from impurities and other harmful residues we have on daily basis. Although we all cleanse face but a few are doing it the right way. It’s not about just washing it with soap but deep cleansing to avoid acne pimples and also maintain skin PH level. There are definitely certain mistakes we follow while doing it and unless it is corrected we don’t have a fully cleansed skin. A deep cleansed skin have high moisture level, reduced break outs and no signs of aging. In the post I am going to share some basic skin cleansing tips that make a huge difference on whole. Read the post throughly to know an ideal face wash routine….
We don’t really realise how water temperature is going to affect the skin quality. It actually matters a lot! Too hot or too cold both conditions are not so ideal for a better skin texture. Warm water drains natural moisture out of skin and leaves it dry instantly. In winters due to hot water usage skin is comparatively more drier and rough. Refrain of exposing face to hot water no matter how cold it is! You skin doesn’t really like it.
- Wet face with warm water and apply any gentle cleanser in a circular motion all over. The proper massage removes dirt and grime fully & saves acne. Rinse with cold water and wipe off gently. Warm water open up pores and allow the product reach out to skin deepest layer and cleanse, it gives you maximum cleansing also reduce chances or frequent breakouts. Cold water helps close up opened pores and help tighten it for a firmer face. It’s an ideal trick to wash face with less pores and white-blackheads.
- WARM WATER> RINSE >CLEANSER>MASSAGE>COLD WATER RINSE
- Before cleansing exfoliation is as important as cleansing. It keeps skin young and delays signs of aging. People who don’t scrub the dead cells off experience comparatively dry and dull skin. Such skin is dehydrated as dead cells block the way of moisture applied & keep it on the surface only. It’s fine to exfoliate once or twice in a week! Avoid overdo though. The hand movements should be light and gentle during exfoliation.
- It’s very important what kind of cleanser one uses, mild and alcohol-free cleansers are the best also the one free from parabens and sulphates. Such chemicals destroy natural face oil also PH balance that causes many problems such as dryness, irritation, allergy, bumps etc. Such ingredients may even react with sensitive skin and give allergic reactions.
- Don’t use skincare products after the expiry date, make sure to keep it readable for better understanding of the throw-away date.
- Wash face at least twice a day or more depending on skin type, normal and oily skin are good to wash for more than twice. Washing face before bed time has many benefits such skin is less prone to breakouts and dead cells. If you follow some skin routine it makes that more effective. Try to instantly moisturise right after washing and not roam around with dry face.
- The way face is wiped after cleansing effects equally, The face towel should be soft and absorbent. Cotton is the best and avoid nylon or fancy fabrics. The drying technique should be more of dabbing rather than rubbing. Vigorous rubbing irritate skin gives redness. Never fully dry whereas leave it moist for better moisturiser application.
- Keep changing face towel every 2 months for skin hygiene point of view.
- Always use clean towel and avoid sharing it with people who have acne problems. We often don’t mind it, but makeup brushes, comb face towel or makeup it’s good not to share for your own facial hygiene. These tools carry infections and therefore to not have those keep it private.
Face Cleansers You Should Try Once
Biotique Bio Honey Gel Foaming Face Wash
I personally love mild facial cleansers and this one is great for that purpose, dry oily or normal skin it works equally. It has pure honey, bark of arjun tree, euphorbia plant and wild turmeric which are great ingredients for skin. The best part is the gel and non drying formula which never leaves skin stretchy. It removes impurities of all kind even best for deep cleansing after make up. It dissolves make up particles completely off skin.
- Honey is best for acne, pigmentation, brightening & healing. It has skin vitamins B1, B2, C, B6, B3, zinc copper etc.
- Turmeric is known for complexion enhancement and reducing dark circles.
How is it different?
- 100 PERCENT soap free formula.
- Best for makeup removal
- Natural ingredients
- No chemicals
- Suitable all skin types
- Targets daily skin problems
- Affordable 130 rupees for pack of 2
Innisfree Green Tea Cleanser
Green tea seed morning cleanser has organic juju organic green tea seeds.This cleanser is very light non sticky no foaming cleanser.When I first applied it did not feel like I have cleanser on I doubled the quantity of cleanser then again it felt like just watery non foaming but after rinsing off the results were clean. I felt my skin is deep cleansed non drying after wash. It claims to remove sebum produced over night and keep acne problems at bay.
- 100 percent squeezed Jeju green tea .
- Deep cleansing properties
- Parabens free, cruelty free
- No synthetic colorants
- Suitable for all skin
- Refreshing woody fragrance
- Price 770 INR for 150ml.
Kiehl’s Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Face wash
Kiehl’s is my personally favourite brand and it offers a wide range of skincare products. Infused with the goodness of calendula & glycerin it helps deep cleansing maintaining natural oil balance. The creamy gel formula foams well and removes dirt and makeup impurities.
- Suitable for all skin types
- Gives a deep cleansed skin
- Enhances complexion
- No signs of drying or stripping
- Little amount needed.
- Best for acne, whiteheads & dry skin.
- Suitable for all weather.
Thanks for reading.